How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
With so many benefits, porcelain veneers are one of the most popular ways to improve your smile. This innovative technique can cover stains, chips, gaps, cracks, and “small” teeth for a stunning and symmetrical smile. Porcelain veneers come with another advantage that many people are not aware of, and that is that they can last a decade or more with proper care. We offer the following tips to help you get the most out of your porcelain veneers.
- Brush twice daily
- Floss once daily
- Visit your dentist twice a year (or as recommended)
- Don’t use your teeth as tools (such as opening bottles, packages, etc.)
- Don’t chew on inedible items (pencils/pens, fingernails, etc.—even ice can be too hard)
- Avoid staining substances like cigarettes, soda, red wine, and berries
- Wear a nightguard if you clench or grind your teeth at night
- Drink moderately—alcohol could weaken the bonding agents over time
These tips can help your porcelain veneers look their best and remain strong for as long as possible. And when it’s time, we can replace any worn or damaged veneers so your smile never misses a moment to shine.